Re: A note on the semantic of MX records

2004-03-04 14:21:25
On Thu, Mar 04, 2004 at 12:01:50PM -0500, Marc Alaia wrote:
[...]
How you accept incoming mail is your own policy.  However, I think that most
of the list would agree that if you are seeing a message coming from a
machine that is published as the MX for that same domain that it has a very
high degree of reliability.  But what exactly are you asking the list?

I expect that this "silent consensus" SHOULD become (part of the) standard.
Or any consensus for that matter.

To be more specific, I would like to see in section 8.4 of the draft
a word or two on conformance of systems that are SPF-compliant but may
happen to talk to MX,non-SPF compliant systems. (I'm not defining HOW, yet)

Someone might pinpoint that this is out of the SPF domain anyway,
but I don't know any other place to discuss it, other than this mailing list.
I declare ignorant on who else to ask and where else to report it.

cheers,
Fotis