Re: news from the Seoul BOF

2004-03-04 15:28:20
In <x41xo8wt7k(_dot_)fsf(_at_)footbone(_dot_)midwestcs(_dot_)com> wayne
<wayne(_at_)midwestcs(_dot_)com> writes:

For those that want to see this session, you can download an mpeg from:

ftp://limestone.uoregon.edu/pub/videolab/video/ietf59/ietf59-ch1-thur-am_040304_0845_5.mpg

Note that this mpeg is 1.2GB of nice high res pictures of people
talking. [...]

As promised, I have created a smaller file (over a factor of 6
smaller) that has almost the same quality.  The bad news is that this
mpeg does not seem to run on Windows.  It appears to work fine on
Linux and *BSD using mplayer and xine, but no one has found any
program to display it on Windows.  I'm not a video geek and I know
just enough about this stuff to be dangerous.  :-<

Sorry Windows people.  If some kind person with a clue would help me
out, or do the conversion themselves, that would be great.

The Unix mpeg is available via bittorrent at:

http://www.midwestcs.com/spf/IETF_videos/spf/IETF_videos/ietf_marid.mpg.torrent

I need bittorrent users to keep their torrents up, I can not provide
that much bandwidth.

-wayne