Re: Strictly my opinion

2004-03-06 15:11:56
On Sat, Mar 06, 2004 at 10:42:44AM -0700,
administrator(_at_)yellowhead(_dot_)com wrote:
After examining Microsoft's CallerID proposal in more detail, it is my
opinion that any system which attempts to reject/return mail after the DATA
phase is inherantly flawed.

Maybe it's just me, but I am not sure what you mean here.

There are two entirely different situations:

both:  The sending server issues DATA, receives "250 go ahead", sends
       its message and ends with CRLF.CRLF

#1:    The receiving server then rejects the message
#2:    The receiving server accepts the message, then sends a bounce
       (probably as the result of scanning the body)

The first situation I call "after DATA", the second situation I
call "after accepting the message".

I base that opinion on the thousands of attempted bounces that we have
[snip]

To me this looks like you are referring to #2 yet you are saying
you refer to #1.  Please be explicit.

cheers,
Alex
--