RE: ip6 mechanism + signing messages

2004-03-07 17:54:45

Aredridel wrote:

example.com. IN TXT "v=spf1 ip4:192.0.2.0/24 ip6:[2001:db8::/32] -all"

More often ip6:[2001:db8::]/32 -- mask outside. Not always uniform
everywhere, though.

I've never seen the mask at that place also it would parse
very ugly and isn't really readible imho either.

Anyhow, what is the standard for the ip6 mechanism, as currently
it is not defined in the docs and if SPF is serious it requires
to have it properly documented... ;)