Re: spfd socket map for sendmail

2004-03-07 23:46:14
On Sat, 2004-03-06 at 23:49, Meng Weng Wong wrote:
On Sat, Mar 06, 2004 at 02:22:27PM -0500, Paul Iadonisi wrote:

[snip]

| than the milter interface.  Although it might not be as flexible as
| milter it can serve many purposes for which a milter might be considered
| overkill.  It appears to be a lightweight protocol suitable for high
| volume queries.  And, of course, you can put anything you want on the
| backend as long as your server speaks the simple socket map protocol.

I would love to see an spfd that does the socket map protocol.  Anyone
know more about this?

  There is a possibility that I may get around to doing this soon.  I
just now (finally) succeeded in integrating sendmail 8.12.11 and
cyrus-imapd 2.2.3 virtual domains using the new sendmail socket map.
The biggest problem I was having was that I couldn't figure out how to
force sendmail to reject mail at the SMTP conversation if the mailbox
didn't exist.  Easy if you are not using lmtp or socket map, but you
need both of those to do virtual domains properly.  I have more work to
do, but I'll put this on my list of things to address.

--
-Paul Iadonisi
 Senior System Administrator