Re: spfd socket map for sendmail, update re travel

2004-03-10 02:43:45
On Mon, Mar 08, 2004 at 01:46:14AM -0500, Paul Iadonisi wrote:
| > I would love to see an spfd that does the socket map protocol.  Anyone
| > know more about this?
|
|   There is a possibility that I may get around to doing this soon.  I
| just now (finally) succeeded in integrating sendmail 8.12.11 and
| cyrus-imapd 2.2.3 virtual domains using the new sendmail socket map.
| The biggest problem I was having was that I couldn't figure out how to
| force sendmail to reject mail at the SMTP conversation if the mailbox
| didn't exist.  Easy if you are not using lmtp or socket map, but you
| need both of those to do virtual domains properly.  I have more work to
| do, but I'll put this on my list of things to address.

Thanks for running with this, Paul.  Let me know when you have something
and I'll put up a link on the Downloads page.

I've been travelling in Asia for the last week and a half so my access
has been spotty.  I'm now online from Singapore for the next couple days
before heading out to Adelaide and then Hong Kong so I should be able to
get in a new version of Mail::SPF::Query soon with the new HELO
semantics.

Also, we should talk about the proposed accreditation modifier ---
accreditation agencies are forming as predicted and a standardized set
of accreditation semantics would be a plus for everyone.