RE: accreditation modifier

2004-03-10 15:08:34
On Wed, Mar 10, 2004 at 05:03:38AM -0500, Meng Weng Wong wrote:

| 1) accredited sender domains should be able to add accreditation
|    modifiers easily.

example.com TXT "v=spf1 mx -all accredit=%{d}.accreditor.net"

I would very much like to get rid of the macro expansion for
security reasons.

The point is that the accreditation is only for the domain that
has been accredited. I do not want the software to react to
things like:

spammer.com TXT "v=spf1 mx -all accredit=example.com.accreditor.net"

This is hijacking another person's accreditation.

| 2) accreditation agencies should be able to easily publish vouch
|    information, in a standard format if possible

example.com.accreditor.net A 127.0.0.2

Here there is a disagreement with CSRI which specifies 127.0.0.10
for good, 127.0.0.255 for bad

Is this compatible?