Python SRS

2004-03-16 14:48:35
Not being a big Perl fan, I have translate the Perl reference
implementation of SRS to Python.  I did include a test suite which checks
4 levels of forwarding and reversal for the 3 main implementations.
It can be found here:

  http://bmsi.com/python/pysrs.html

I will keep the first two version numbers the same as the corresponding
Perl version.  A third number will track changes introduced to the
Python version.  The module will get production testing (as opposed to
the test suite) as I incorporate it into sendmail and my Python milter:

  http://bmsi.com/python/milter.html

Currently, sendmail makes you use a program map to rewrite outgoing mail,
but a milter can easily handle the bounces.  If only sendmail supported
rewriting envfrom in a milter, the solution would be symetrical, and
wouldn't require sendmail.org to directly support SPF and SRS.

      "Very few of our customers are going to have a pure Unix
      or pure Windows environment." - Dennis Oldroyd, Microsoft Corporation