Re: Spf Problem with DRAC?

2004-03-30 11:37:12
On Tue, 2004-03-30 at 19:28, Joshue wrote:
         I'm testing SPF with an existing Sendmail and DRAC (a
pop-before-smtp solution). The Sendmail+DRAC had been working for three
years in our servers with dynamic clients (IPs), now I have added the SPF
functionality.

         The problem is the SPF returns a softfail (for our domains hosted
in our mailserver, where I have added the SPF support), although the client
authenticates with DRAC. I know the DRAC authentication works because if a
client does not authenticate (does not make a successful pop attempt), it
receives a "relaying denied" message, and when it is authenticated it can
send email to foreign domains.

Which sendmail SPF solution are you using? The milter supports
authentication using SMTP AUTH and TLS but may need tweaking to support
a different mechanism. How is DRAC integrated into your sendmail setup?
Is there a macro set when the client is authenticated?

Paul.
--
Paul Howarth <paul(_at_)city-fan(_dot_)org>