Re: SPF competitor: DVP

2004-05-10 13:56:12
On Fri, 7 May 2004, Stuart D. Gathman wrote:

SPF needs to make the case that SPF interpretation is *not* turing
complete, and has bounded execution in time and space.

I thought that (in the absence of the "processing limits" section in the
specification) SPF might be Turing complete. It supports general-purpose
recursion, it has conditional constructs, and it allows the argument to
the recursive call to be altered programmatically. However I haven't yet
managed to work out how to write a conditional that does anything useful.

--
Tony Finch  <dot(_at_)dotat(_dot_)at>  http://dotat.at/