Re: Re: "valid since" addition to SPF?

2004-05-11 00:44:49
On Tue, May 11, 2004 at 01:08:00AM -0400, Meng Weng Wong wrote:

| For the purpose of testing SPF accuracy on corpora (which is important
| to filters), it would be very nice if the SPF record could carry an
| optional date identifier signifying since when the record has been
| effective.  Basically, meaning, don't bother trying to verify SPF mail
| sent before that date or time.
|
| It could be ISO date format (YYYY-MM-DD) or seconds since epoch.

That is an intriguing suggestion which I had not considered before.

Please stop considering.  I feel reluctant to keep a change history
in DNS.

v=spf1 +a:host1 valid from 2003-01-23 valid until 2004-03-21 +a:host2
valid from 2003-10-09 +a:host3 valid from 2004-05-11 ...and so on and on

No thanks.

cheers,
Alex
--
I ask you to respect any "Reply-To" and "Mail-Follow-Up" headers.  If
you reply to me off-list, you'd better tell me you're doing so.  If