Re: fallback SPF records

2004-05-12 07:23:53
Jeremy Jackson wrote:
Hi,

The man page for Mail::SPF::Query mentions "fallback" records:

         Set "fallback" to define "pretend" SPF records for
           domains that don't publish them yet.  Wildcards are
           supported.

Yet I see no mention in and of the install docs for sendmail-milter-spf-1.41.pl

Am I missing something? I'd like to be able to fall back to a domain's MX records so there is something useful in the Received-SPF: header for content filtering to use.

There's no support for this currently built into spf-milter, but you could try adding the following:

push (@extraParams, fallback => { "*." => { record => "v=spf1 mx ?all" } });

to spf-milter, just before the line:

# Since we will daemonize, play nice.

I haven't tried it myself, so YMMV.