Re: SPF and "techie" broadband ISPs

2004-05-15 06:44:37
Michael R. Brumm wrote:

If I understand this (and I may not) Speakeasy's [ed: speakeasy.net's] SPF
record isn't in any way preventing Billy Bob from running his MX for
BillyBobsCrib.net [ed: within Speakeasy's IP address range]. The only thing
it prevents him from doing is directly originating mail from speakeasy.net
(without going through Speakeasy's POP, IMAP or shell server).

Does the above sound somewhat correct?

Yes.

I've spent the last few hours learning about SPF mostly by reading the archive. It seems to me that the above senario is often not understood many geeks, freaks and other possible adopters.