Re: Re: new RRtype may not be that hard

2004-05-20 13:23:02
Michael R. Brumm <me(_at_)michaelbrumm(_dot_)com>:
I have thought the use of TXT was the biggest ugliness in SPF since day one.

You'd rather have something that looks pretty than something that
works well across all platforms?

I see claiming a new RR as a slight incrase in short-term pain for a big
long-term gain.  The draft Meng referenced is very clear about the reasons.

If so, then lets just create our own "SPF" record. Sure, it will cause a lot
of server upgrades, client library changes, and other headaches, but a
TYPE#### record is just plain ugly! (tongue planted firmly in cheek)

In fact I think that's exactly what we *should* do.