I need secondary nameservers for trusted-forwarder.org

2004-05-30 17:18:56

Hi.

Well, I knew the time would come, but I've been (very) politely asked
to stop using twisted4life.com as a secondary nameserver for the
trusted-forwarder.org global whitelist (T-FWL).  A while back I lost
another secondary, so I'm now down to two.

If you can provide a secondary name server, I would greatly appreciate
it.

Before you step forward, please consider the following:

* The current volume appears to be around 500MB per *month*, but it
  has been doubling every month since last December, so by the end of
  the year, it may be up to 500MB per day.

* Anyone can sue anyone at any time for any reason.  Obviously I'm not
  worried about the legal situation, but I'm not your lawyer so if this
  makes you nervous, please consult one.

* Many of the DNS blacklists have been attacked by spammers with DoS
  attacks.  However, trusted-forwarder.org is a *whitelist* and as
  such, I can see no reason why spammers would attack it.  That said,
  realize that spammers are stupid and are known to do stupid things.

Please review the webpage at http://trusted-forwarder.org for more
information about this global whitelist.  In particular, please note
that the whitelist is (and has been for a while now) available via a
zone transfer to anyone, via rsync and via http.  It is *not* a
rapidly changing whitelist, although that may change in the future.

Please note that if no one steps forward to volunteer, I *will* do my
best to line up professionally run secondary services and pay for it
out of my pocket.  I am committed to making sure that the T-FWL is
available to users of the SPF system.

-wayne