Re: SPFv1 is already extensible

2004-05-31 13:53:16
On Mon, May 31, 2004 at 02:43:46PM -0600, Michael R. Brumm wrote:

| Excellent point! However, I'd like to make sure we aren't confusing
"flexibile" with "extensible". Are there (extended) mechanisms which cannot be
expressed as an 'exists' mechanism? I can't think of any, but then I'm a bit
out of it right now.

Are there designated sender mechanisms which cannot be
expressed using "exists" and a custom DNS server?  Probably
not.  But designated sender schemes are only one possible
type of sender authentication scheme.

As cryptographic schemes gain popularity, we may want to add
"domainkeys:xxx" or "pgp" or "smime" mechanisms.