Milter-SPF issues

2004-06-03 09:33:56
I recently installed Milter-SPF 1.41 with Mail-SPF-Query-1.997 for
sendmail 8.12.11. I am running a small network behind a NAT router
and one sendmail daemon that accepts outgoing email either through
direct SMPT interaction of through the MSP, and accepts incoming email
with the help of port forwarding on the NAT router (my domain's MX
points to this router). So far so good, but there are two problems:

1 outgoing email is also tagged with a Received-SPF header. I have
  all local hosts in the whitelist file, but I'd rather not set this
  header, which may leak internal network information. (This message
  should show this header, unless listbox.com filters it out.)

  is there a way to suppress the header for whitelist hosts or otherwise?

2 the Received-SPF header of incoming email shows the wrong host name,
  that is, the local unqualified name, like

        Received-spf: pass (HOSTNAME: domain of example.com ...)

  rather than the official FQDN that I explicitly set in sendmail's j macro
  to match the official name of my MX DNS entry.
  The milter code, sendmail-milter-spf.pl, seems to ask for sendmail's j macro.
  Any ideas why it's not picked up? Sendmail itself uses the correct
  value, as far as I can tell.

Roman Maeder