IETF Jabber session on XML today

2004-06-14 09:45:49

I suspect that most people here have not had time follow the IETF
"MARID" mailing list.  However, the recent inclusion of XML in one of
the proposals (the combined SPF/Caller-ID spec) has triggered a lot of
discussion here on the SPF list.

Every other monday, the MARID working group holds a "jabber" session
to discuss various topics.  Today the topic will be XML and it's use
in DNS.  If you feel you can contribute to the discussion (ether pro
or con), I encourage you to participate.

The Jabber session will be held today (Jun 14th) at 20:00 UTC (aka 16:00
EDT  15:00 CDT  13:00 PDT).  For local times in other cities, see:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?day=14&month=6&year=2004&hour=20&min=0&sec=0&p1=0

The Jabber room is:  marid(_at_)ietf(_dot_)xmpp(_dot_)org

For those who don't recognize "Jabber", it is the IETF's
instant-messaging standard.  It is similar to IRC or AIM, but it is an
open standard and is better designed than IRC.

For information about Jabber and jabber clients, see:
http://xmpp.org/ietf-chat.html
http://jabber.org/

To view older MARID jabber logs see:
http://www.xmpp.org/ietf-logs/marid(_at_)ietf(_dot_)xmpp(_dot_)org/

Please note that the IETF runs jabber sessions much more like a formal
meeting than most IRC channels.  The chairs will control who has the
floor by giving a <cts> (clear-to-send signal).  To request floor,
send a <rts> or <rts short subject>.  It is often very useful to start
typing your message after you do the <rts> so when you get the <cts>,
you can just hit enter.

-wayne