Re: making the policy decision: leveraging HTTPS

2004-06-20 21:02:53
In <20040621030400(_dot_)GA73742(_at_)metron(_dot_)com> Lou Katz
<lou(_at_)metron(_dot_)com> writes:

Proposing that a mail sender must ALSO setup and run a Web-server is
rediculous!
I have many domains that send and receive mail but do not have, are not
intended to have and will not have HTTP based services.

If I read Meng's original post on this subject correctly, what he was
suggesting was that a valid HTTPS cert should give a mild non-spam
score.  An invalid HTTPS cert would likely give a fairly strong spam
score.  No HTTPS cert, or no web server, would not change anything.

So, no, a mail sender would not *have* to set up a web server.

-wayne