SPF news from Russia.

2004-07-11 03:27:45
During the last month all top three free email providers
has published SPF records (with ~all and ?all). mail.ru -
12 mln users, yandex.ru - 4 mln, rambler.ru - 3 mln.
The second largest ISP rol.ru has also published SPF
records (with ~all). It has 0.4 mln subscribers (there
are thousands internet providers in Russia, this is the
reason the top ones are small). In addition the second
largest mailing list service subscribe.ru has published an
SPF record with -all. They have 2.5 mln subscribers. They
are also encouraging to check and publish SPF records
http://subscribe.ru/faq/faq4.html#stoplist
yandex.ru (search engine, free mail, portal) has put a link
to their press release on the front page titled "Yandex
is starting to support worldwide antispam standard".
http://company.yandex.ru/news/2004/0705/
They write that they have published SPF and Caller-ID, they
have implemented per-user SPF checking and they are offering
it to beta testers since June, 14. They plan to start
offering it domain wide since September, 1. They don't
provide technical details but as far as I understand their
spam filtering, it is blacklist and score based. I think
they will start scoring ~all, ?all and none. Last time
I checked all top three free email providers are among top
ten most forged in my mailbox. Good news.

Thanks to everyone who made it happen!

Best regards,
  Serge Orlov.