Shelby

2004-08-21 12:24:31
Shelby,

Q: Shelby> How many times do I have to write that am committed to trying to
find a way that the AccuSpam response will go to a null list address?
Q: Jesse> I don't follow. Maybe a spammer can pretend to be a list and
provide a null address?

S: Shelby> I am known for being very good at design.  Been known for that
since my teenage years.  The best designs are the most flexible, redundant,
and robust.

A: Maybe you have been known to those around you since you were 13-19 to be
very good at design. You may indeed be very good at design.
However, we haven't known you since you were 13-19 -- all we know is what
you say today, and what your websites look like today.
Here's a tip that may explain this list's response to you: You mentioned
that Mozilla was <1% market share -- and I don't know whether it's 1% or
5% -- and I don't care -- but whatever market share it is, you're talking to
us. If it's 0.01%, that's us! So if you're websites don't render properly
with Mozilla, most of us are quite likely to notice it and think "Oh someone
isn't too careful with their websites."
When we look at your websites http://coolpage.com/ and http://accuspam.com/
and see that they both fail to render correctly in Mozilla, and that they
both fail http://validator.w3.org/, and that you say it's because Mozilla is
buggy (and Mozilla may be buggy), then we see you claiming to be known since
your teenage years for very good designs which are flexible, redundant, and
robust, we think "Heh, something doesn't add here!" If your websites were in
compliance with the standards, and our low-market-share browser still failed
to render, then we would very happily accept your statement that our
browsers were buggy. But our browsers' buggy-ness has nothing to do with
http://validator.w3.org/ -- So in honor of attaining a good flexible
redundant and robust website design, if you don't want to make it support
all browsers, please consider at least making it standards compliant! It may
very well be that Mozilla is compliant with the standards, and that if your
websites were compliant that they'd render fine in Mozilla. A website design
which fails to render for even 4% of users while their browsers are in full
compliance with the standard is not a robust, flexible website.
(By the way, Mozilla runs on windows too..)

Q: Shelby> LOL.  When did an auto-response become spam!  ISPs have to follow
the ECMA law.
A: An auto-response becomes a spam when it is sent to somebody without their
request, especially when it's
asking them to go click on some link or advertising something (Even if the
product is free).
It does not matter whether your system scrapes a mailing list and sends
advertisements to the posters or whether it first
subscribes to the list then spams posters in real time -- it's still spam.
YOU requested to be sent messages from the list -- nobody forced you to
accept them. The list's agreement to send you copies of our
messages was not the individual users' agreement to let you send us adverts
whenever we posted to the list. (So that's why your autoresponse was spam.)

Hope this helps a bit.

Jesse

Nikola Engineering Inc.
224 W. Washington St.