SPF deployment friction

2004-08-27 13:22:51
Whoops... chopped the "l" off end of url when copy+paste, here is corrected url:

http://archives.listbox.com/senderkeys-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com/200408/0014.html

If my host of 8 years, whom I trust btw, and is excellent in most aspects, can
not optimize for SPF, then I am supposed to go signup for some 3rd party relay
service and blow my trust and privacy out the window?

http://archives.listbox.com/senderkeys-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com/200408/0014.html

Instead I have to accept the (small?) risk that some other Pair.com customer(s)
might forge me and ruin my reputation?

Not good options.  Maybe I wait to declare an SPF record when it is 100% safe.

Here is what was asked of my Host:

http://archives.listbox.com/senderkeys-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com/200408/0012.html

Putting up (even affordable or free) relay service is not a "end all" solution
to deployment.  There are probably more effective measures we could take (the
main one imho being education and awareness with better website for
non-techies, etc.).

Getting millions of domains converted will not be a trivial task.  Businesses
do not make a decision to change providers over night, not even individuals.
Do not think that SPF is so important that everyone is going to dump their
existing configurations so rapidly.  Maybe if we all work together, we can get
it done asap.