Re: re: BBC - I take it all back (sigh!)

2004-09-07 07:22:37
Holm, Mark said:
Is anyone from CypherTrust here? If so, how about trying to correct all
this mis-information that your 'report' has generated?

I sent a very polite message to the CTO at CipherTrust Friday, pointing
out at least some of the errors.  He replied personally.  No committment,
but at least I know he read the message.

OK, thanks. I'd have thought since they're busy making public
announcements on the subject, they'd have a representative here....

I've just re-read their original report - it's mostly accurate actually,
but there is an important and misleading statement near the top which is
what the press have all picked up on...

I'll post a detailed 'reply' here later, perhaps that will help them
understand why the wording is so dangerous.

Peter