Good News, bad news re: SPF record publishing rate

2004-09-08 06:41:26
The bad news is that the acceleration we saw at the end of last week has gone
away and the base rate has settled down to about 2000 per day  (as recorded at
http://www.spftools.net/register.php ).  This puts really big numbers a long
way off.  We need acceleration.

The good news is that I got a message from a fellow who has published records
for 120,000 parked domains.  He set most or all of them to -all.  He tried to
submit them to http://www.spftools.net/register.php using the bulk interface,
but they haven't shown up in the count yet.

Adding those 120,000 known, but "invisible" to the 86,000+ visible gives a
value of 206,000+.  That is probably a lower limit since it is likely there are
other records published that don't get registered.  If the bulk interface at
http://www.spftools.net/register.php, isn't working, there might have been
large numbers submitted but not showing.

Also in the good news category, .edu has added Berkeley, Columbia and Notre
Dame.  My alma mater Lawrence University (lawrence.edu) has been there for a
while!

Mark Holm