RE : SPF & proxy filters

2004-09-10 12:29:21
You will have to stop using the Checkpoint security server

-----Message d'origine-----
De : owner-spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com] De la part de Kevin
Peuhkurinen
Envoyé : 10 septembre, 2004 14:49
À : spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
Objet : [spf-discuss] SPF & proxy filters

Hi all.  Forgive me if this has been discussed before.   I'm sure it
must have been, but I cannot find anything useful in the archives.

My problem is that for security reasons, all incoming email is first
recieved by my Checkpoint firewall's SMTP Security Server.   It is then
handed off to my Exim/SpamAssassin box.   I want to have Exim run SPF
checks on the incoming mail and add the SPF headers.   I am not at this
point interested in enforcing any sort of policy, I just want the
headers.   The problem, of course, is that while Checkpoint preserves
the envelope headers, the Exim box sees the sending IP and HELO as the
firewall.   I'm thinking that A) I'm SOL in terms of the specifications
and B) if I want this to work I'm going to have to kludge something
together that extracts the IP address of the sending host from the
recieved headers and calls spfd itself or (>shudder<) write an OPSEC
compliant module for the firewall itself.

Has anyone else already dealt with issues like this?

Thanks,
Kevin

http://www.InboxEvent.com/?s=d --- Inbox Event Nov 17-19 in Atlanta features
SPF and Sender ID. To unsubscribe, change your address, or temporarily
deactivate your subscription,