Re: A very interesting article on Microsoft's active lobbying agenda regarding spam and against open source

2004-09-16 12:23:07

 I've not realized how much Microsoft changed
and how much political lobbying it now does - it did not used to be very
political company at all.

Ah...I've been all too aware...they single-handedly managed to emasculate some of the more recent California anti-spam bills, including making sure that ISPs were exempt from the prohibitions against spamming (without naming names, some ISPs send quite a bit of spam themselves, causing an interesting conflict of interested wrt to anti-spam legislation).

Anne