Re: SPF covered by Microsoft Patent App (was Re: Microsoft's Updated Statement about IPR Claimed in <draft-ietf-marid-core-03.txt> and <draft-ietf-marid-pra-00.txt> in Combination)

2004-09-16 13:10:58

 Do you read those
claims the same way I did?

Both I and someone by whom I've run these claims (he is far more technically savvy than I on these, having been involved on the ground floor in architecting several DNS query processes) agree that several of the claims are too close for comfort to SPF, and, additionally, that claim #27 *is* SPF - it's also several other DNS lists:

"the act of querying a name server for a list of network addresses authorized to send electornic messages for the sending domain" comprises an act of querying a Domain Name Services server for a list of network addresses authorized to send electronic messages for the sending domain."

Anne