RE: Article with Microsoft comments on future of Sender ID

2004-09-28 12:20:41

On Tue, 28 Sep 2004, Scott Hollenbeck wrote:

Speaking of incorrect statements... ;-)

IETF Directorates do not make decisions.  I know that some people think they
do, but they have no decision making power.  They exist to provide focused
review at the request of members of the IESG.  The IESG ultimately decides
if a proposal will be published as an experimental RFC.

-Scott-
(the other Apps AD)

Thank you for your correction :)

And correct me if I'm wrong :), but the same also applies to the IETF
Working Group as neither WG nor chairs of WG make decisions about
documents going to standard or experimental status, instead they make
recomendation to IESG which is the ultimate decision maker on status
of IETF documents and which is supposed to make these decisions based on
both recomendation of the WG and based on comments received from other
IETF participants during last call for the documents.

--
William Leibzon
Elan Networks