Re: Unified SPF Algorithm (was: moving on from MARID)

2004-09-30 16:46:27
At 05:23 PM 9/30/2004 -0400, "Hector Santos"
<winserver(_dot_)support(_at_)winserver(_dot_)com> wrote:

Therefore, I see it as a prudent technical requirement in today's anti-spam
environment that the 2821.RCPTTO forwarding address is investigated first
before any other technologies with a very high potential overhead is put on
the local system and across the network.

Sincerely,

Hector Santos, CTO
Santronics Software, Inc.
http://www.santronics.com
305-431-2846 Cell
305-248-3204 Office
If I understand correctly what you are saying, I would agree completely.

I believe what you are saying is that the RCPT TO: should be evaluated
before any other checks. I don't have any specific statistics to support
this, but I have noticed in previous work that there was a very significant
level of email addressed to non-existent or expired customers. The RCPT TO:
should be evaluated first, the MAIL FROM: second, and the HELO only if
necessary. I have always assumed (incorrectly or not) that this was the way
it was done.

J.A. Coutts