Re: Meeting at IETF 61

2004-10-06 18:16:09
On Wed, 6 Oct 2004, Dale Ghent wrote:

On Oct 6, 2004, at 5:19 PM, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:

I know, MARID is closed. Nevertheless, many people here will probably
be in Washington (USA) in November for either IETF 61
(http://www.ietf.org/meetings/IETF-61.html) or the FTC conference
(http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2004/09/emailauth.htm) which takes place at
the same moment.

What do you think of an informal meeting of the SPF crowd? Who will be
there (I will)?

I live 30 miles away. I will be there, though I am not an IETF member.

IETF has no formal membership. Attendence of meeting is open to anybody
who is interested in internet standards and willing to pay conference fees.

But as far as meeting of other organizations or groups in conjuntion with
IETF, some that I attended were done immediatly after IETF on Friday
(IETF usually finishes up on Friday by 12pm), but these were meetings
that lasted 6+ hours, so this added new full day and some like to leave
early on Fridays and fly back home.

If small meeting is desired, it can be done during dinner time between
IETF main sessions and evening plenary (this would be about 5pm - 8pm
timeframe). If we want something more official with room assignment, we
can probably ask for it under the pretense of having to do engineering
discussions on SPF internet draft. Those who are afraid you will not be
able to come in to such meeting, if you're not attending IETF  - don't be,
I've never seen anybody trying to check my badge at IETF and definetly
it'll not happen during non-session time.

--
William Leibzon
Elan Networks