Re: IETF-61 DNSEXT agenda items

2004-10-12 07:13:10
At 04:05 12/10/2004, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:
On Mon, Oct 11, 2004 at 09:43:52PM -0400,
 Ólafur Gudmundsson/DNSEXT co-chair <ogud(_at_)ogud(_dot_)com> wrote
 a message of 19 lines which said:

> Please send them into to me.
>
> Agenda items we know about are:

Following the closure of the MARID Working Group
(http://www.imc.org/ietf-mxcomp/mail-archive/msg05054.html), an
independent effort is going on to submit an Internet-Draft about SPF
as a future Experimental RFC (as Ted Hardie requested in the above
message).

The version -00 of the draft, edited by Mark Lentczner, is ready (see
a preliminary version at
http://www.ozonehouse.com/mark/spf/draft-lentczner-spf-00pre2.{html,txt})
and will be formally submitted tomorrow.

Since this I-D creates a new RR type (see
http://www.ozonehouse.com/mark/spf/draft-lentczner-spf-00pre2.html#anchor14),
I believe it would be a good idea to discuss it in a small slot of
DNSext. What do you think of it?

I do not know if Mark Lentczner will be there. If not, I can present
the issue.

Section 3 of the document is relevant for DNSEXT and will at some
point require review by DNSEXT. The rest of the document is outside our
charter and scope. We are fully aware there is no WG home for
this proposal at this point.

Members of the working group please read section #3 of the document after
it is published and send comments to editors.

The chairs will take this request under consideration and co-ordinate with
AD on how to treat this request.

Olafur