Re: MAIL FROM address literals etc. (was: SPF v1 draft for review)

2004-10-14 01:18:41
Mark wrote:

I think you are missing the point. Section 2.1 ("The Mail From
Identity") says:

   When the reverse-path is null, this document defines the
   "Mail From" identity to be the mailbox composed of the localpart
   "postmaster" and the domain supplied with the SMTP EHLO or HELO
   command.

And Section 3.6 of RFC 2821 states:

   The domain name given in the EHLO command MUST be either a primary
   host name (a domain name that resolves to an A RR) or, if the host
   has no name, an address literal as described in section 4.1.1.1.

So that the matter of domain literals in MAIL FROM is pertinent.

Make that "ADDRESS literal", of course. Didn't have my coffee yet. :)

- Mark

        System Administrator Asarian-host.org

---
"If you were supposed to understand it,