RE: Managing exploits

2004-10-14 23:25:19
It is fixed. See
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;872802
for details.

When I first discovered this problem, I opened a support case with Microsoft
and
this is the outcome. It's not as nice as I'd have liked - there is a hotfix
for
Windows 2000 SP4 as you can see from the KB article, but it is fixed in XP
SP2.

-Gary

This message (and any associated files) is intended only for the use of
spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com and may contain information that is
confidential, subject to copyright or constitutes a trade secret. If you are
not spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com you are hereby notified that
any dissemination, copying or distribution of this message, or files associated
with this message, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in
error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it
from your computer. Messages sent to and from us may be monitored. Any views or
opinions presented are solely those of the author gary(_at_)exclaimer(_dot_)net
and do not necessarily represent those of the company.

This disclaimer was added by eXclaimer for Microsoft Exchange 2000. Please
visit our web site at www.exclaimer.com for more information.