RE: Re: New ideas for RFC2822 headers checking with SPF

2004-10-25 13:16:55
Greg Connor wrote:
A very good point, one which I didn't think through completely at first.
In some cases the auth user will own a single email address in the ISP's
domain, and in other cases the auth user owns the whole domain.

I think this underscores the point that the MSA should be able to sort out
who owns what address, and other MTAs that are not the MSA should not be
trying to match them up.  SPF is probably not the best tool for this, and
there are number of other techniques that would work, if ISPs would just
spend the time to correlate return addresses to auth users.