The Microsoft Plan

2004-10-26 04:29:07
The Microsoft Plan.

Microsoft plans to compete head on with Yahoo with their copy cat of
"Domain Keys" as usual with a "dumbed down marketing term for the little
people" entitled Email Postmarks.  As I have speculated before what they
are likely wishing to do is enforce some form of cryptography to
reliably specify if one domain is the legitimate owner of any given
piece of mail.  Hey thats GREAT but wait... wherever shall we purhcase
such cryptographic certificates from?  SURELY we must purchase them?
What better way than to use some form of certificate you can easily
purchase from Verislime.

Too simple?  I don't think so.  Can they do it?  I dunno, even with the
FTC mandating something a ludicrous as a patent encumbered technology,
like my good European friends will unanimously chant with me "The United
States of America != The World".  Now that being said, it does have an
impact on what happens the world over, a pretty substantial one, but by
no means is it all that matters.

Did you ever stop and think about whats taking IPv6 so long?  Well when
the North American address pool is sits quite happily on 70 percent of
the 4.3 billion addresses, is it any wonder why they are not in a
hurry...

Perhaps friends we should consult our possible European and Asian
counterparts and see what they are up to?

2004.07.20 - ICANN publishes the IPv6 AAAA records for the .jp and .kr
ccTLD's making them visible in the root zone file.

2004.10.1 - WIDE Project of Japan announced that M-Root DNS server
commenced operation in Paris France.  This server is a "dyncast" of the
other M-Root DNS server in operation in Tokyo since August 1997.  This
French server will offer IPv6 in the very near future.

Has anyone from Europe or Asia been listening and have anything to say?
If you wish please don't hesitate to contact me off list, I would love
to hear what you are doing or thoughts on our current matter(s).

I will happily code for free, on any technology that will abide by a GPL
or BSD-style license of works derived from a "patent free" technology
that empower regular users to combat forgery.

Please do not take this as a "jumping ship" notice, I'm here to stay,
but I would like to make it known that I am very open to exploring and
sharing ideas with other parties especially those with an open mind and
the ability to consider those outside of North America.

Cheers,

James

--
James Couzens,