Re: pushing people towards S/MIME and PGP

2004-10-26 17:24:15
On Tue, 2004-10-26 at 18:39, Meng Weng Wong wrote:
You know, I just had a funny thought.

If people find the things we're doing yucky --- SPF, SES,
Sender ID, Yahoo Domainkeys, and so on --- then maybe
they'll be more receptive to the alternative: S/MIME.

  You *must* know this was coming: isn't S/MIME patent encumbered?  I
don't know the whole story, but let's nip that in bud EARLY, instead of
building up to the spectacular crescendo that was MARID, okay?
  I'd rather see OpenPGP pushed, if patents are going to be a problem
with S/MIME.
  That said, if S/MIME does *not* have patent issues, then GO FOR IT.
If it's technically feasible, of course, and it can solve
the...ugh...what problem is it supposed to solve again :-).

--
-Paul Iadonisi
 Senior System Administrator