RE: Development - Marketing parallelism

2004-10-27 06:19:54
Chris Haynes [chris(_at_)harvington(_dot_)org(_dot_)uk] wrote:
Has anyone got any pointers to how other open, high-visibility projects
have approached this problem?  Apache??  Mozilla??  Open-Office??

I can't speak for those, but as I have gone along with the Debian project
for several years now, I have learned that open projects are best governed
democratically and *openly*, even when it comes to marketing.  This
doesn't prevent flamewars, but it greatly pacifies the community with
regard to the general marching direction.