Re: Summary Please - where is SPF 1?

2004-10-27 13:06:56
Hi Jon,

On Wed, Oct 27, 2004 at 12:20:50PM -0600, Jon Bertrand wrote:
I need a summary.  All this "patent poison" and "lets move on" talk is
tangent to my concerns.
I want spf1 rolled out world-wide.

Hear hear.

Where is spf1?  Is it still supported?  Anybody dump it since all this
commotion started?

We can't say for sure, but I still haven't. v=spf1 is still very much
supported.

I've added spf1 records to my little corner of the world.  Will it cause me
trouble in the future?

It sort of depends. Now that microsoft is using v=spf1 to do PRA
checking if no spf2.0/pra record is present, you might get into trouble
if your v=spf1 record does not cover the PRA stuff. There is however a
simple solution: just publish "spf2.0/pra ?all" next to your v=spf1
record, this will simply make sure pra is not applied to your domain.

Of course, the less simple solution is to make sure that your v=spf1 record
also works for PRA.

Koen

Networking, embedded systems, unix expertise, artificial intelligence.