RE: SUGGESTION: No more ad-hominem attacks.

2004-10-28 09:55:05
David Woodhouse [dwmw2(_at_)infradead(_dot_)org] wrote:
And Ad Hominem makes an attack against the person, and then attempts to
use that attack as evidence that the victim's original argument is
false. An example of this would be "You smoke crack, therefore your
argument cannot be valid and I won't even bother to answer your
technical points".

You don't actually see much Ad Hominem. You do see a lot of insulting
behaviour though.

Well, just for the record, even Meng himself has made a row of ad hominem
attacks on IRC lately.  Check your IRC logs, especially on 2004-10-27
between 15:51 and 16:02 UTC.

I for one have switched to ignoring personal attacks a long time ago, but
nonetheless those were some definite ad hominem attacks.