Re: Re: [OT] HTML rant

2004-11-05 13:41:44

----- Original Message -----
From: "Hallam-Baker, Phillip" <pbaker(_at_)verisign(_dot_)com>
To: <spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com>
Sent: Friday, November 05, 2004 8:17 PM
Subject: RE: [spf-discuss] Re: [OT] HTML rant

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com] On Behalf Of
jpinkerton

Well, anyone who designs a website with absolute widths is an
idiot ;-)

Or they are following the original flawed standard.

I thought that I was doing the obvious thing in calling up an obscure
Stanford Prof called Don Knuth who had written a little used typesetting
program called TeX for advice on how to do stuff.

Turns out I was wrong, you just stick the first idiotic idea you have into
the browser, send off a note to www-talk go home to sleep and then release
when you wake up.

For extra points spend the next five years telling people that objections
the way you did it were in fact objections to putting images, tables etc.
in
the browser.

Sorry Phillip - that was completely lost on me - I'm glad to say :-)

Try it without sarcasm, innuendo and obscure referencing ;-)

Slainte,

JohnP.
johnp(_at_)idimo(_dot_)com
ICQ 313355492