RE: 90,000 host dDoS attack upon Chinese SPAM serve rs

2004-12-03 12:20:11

12.03 - Freeze on anti-spam campaign

It sounds like such a great idea until you realize that the Internet is a
shared medium and there is no way to perform an attack which only affects
the offending party.

If you bring down my server then I am not interested in your motive, only
the damage you caused. I don't care whether you did it because you claim to
hate NAZIs, pedophiles, spammers or whatever. The law does not recognize a
defense of this type for either civil or criminal damages.

The other problem is that if you create a DDoS bot then others will try to
trick you into attacking people of their choice.