Re: FYI: Return Path Rewriting (RPR) - Mail Forwarding in the Spam Age

2004-12-07 13:09:11
Hello!

On Wed, Dec 01, 2004 at 12:42:19PM -0800, william(at)elan.net wrote:

For those of you collecting SPF-related links:
http://www.roe.ch/spam/return-path-rewriting.xml

I've feeling the person who wrote that may well be on this list...

Looks similar to SRS in principle.

I think SRS is better than that: The length increase of the local
part is less (shorter timestamp and hash encoding), and it has the
shortcut mechanism (SRS1).

Additionally, because it reverses the order of original local part and
original domain name, it's more resistant to "strange" characters in the
original local part: Everything after the nth '=' sign is the original
local part, for the appropriate n.

Kind regards,

Hannah.