Re: SPF HELO checking

2004-12-11 00:36:12
Hi !!

one step further ... I want my domain (ols.es) to have an spf record
like "mx ~all", but i don't want anybody to use ols.es in the hello,
including me (as i always use full hostnames in my hello). How can
I specify this policy ??

With strict helo checking by the receiver (which I think will
happen more and more), only machines actually named "ols.es"
can use that for HELO.

yes, we tried it and have to give out, too many false positives.

These also happen to be your MX records, and your SPF policy
is "mx ~all".

Once the "~all" is turned into "-all", only the MX records
would be able to use ols.es as HELO string.

when will this happen ?? when all forwarders in the world
are upgraded to use srs ? ....

--
BEst regards ...

It's a fine line between fishing & standing still

   On-Line Services 2000 S.L.       e-mail  david(_at_)ols(_dot_)es
   Pintor Vayreda 1                 telf    +34 902 50 29 75
   08184 Palau-Solita i Plegamans   movil   +34 670 35 27 53