Re: SPF HELO checking

2004-12-13 11:16:09
Hi !!

I guess that's the crux of my orginal question.  With either HELO checking
solution, we're going to have to push the internet community in one
direction that they are not currently going.  Either A) SPF checking the
HELO or B) Correct A records setup for their HELO strings.

So why go with the SPF option when the A record option seems easier and
gains us just as much,  protection with an faster implemention cycle?

the problem with a record checking is that you do it unilaterally,
without knowing what the original owner wants, another problem is the
great amount of 'good' email servers that use bad helo's, both of
this leads to loss of legitimate mail.

--
Best regards ...

It's a fine line between fishing & standing still

   On-Line Services 2000 S.L.       e-mail  david(_at_)ols(_dot_)es
   Pintor Vayreda 1                 telf    +34 902 50 29 75
   08184 Palau-Solita i Plegamans   movil   +34 670 35 27 53