Re: Condorcet Voting for Council Elections and Council Votes

2004-12-14 12:22:54
"jp" == jpinkerton
"Re: Condorcet Voting for Council Elections and Council Votes"
 Tue, 14 Dec 2004 09:21:14 +0100

    jp> From: "wayne" <wayne(_at_)schlitt(_dot_)net>
    jp> To: <spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com>
    jp> Sent: Tuesday, December 14, 2004 4:53 AM
    jp> Subject: Re: [spf-discuss] Condorcet Voting for Council
    jp> Elections and Council Votes

    >> I would much rather see either approval voting or CSSD than
    >> pluarity voting.  I mildly favor approval voting over CSSD
    >> because it is simpler.

    jp> OK - Both types are easily incorporated into the scripts I
    jp> wrote, and I'm cool with either - even if one sounds quite
    jp> painful ;-)

[...]

    jp> I am still disappointed with the fact that the *real* work of
    jp> the spf council is not moving forward very quickly.

What could be simpler and less time consuming than a disinterested
third party service such as the Condorcet Internet Voting Service at
<http://www5.cs.cornell.edu/~andru/civs/> or similar?

        jam