Re: Difficulties in specifying SPF TXT records for all A records.

I work for a company which owns hundreds of domains and thousands of hosts with
A records.  This is probably true with Fortune 500 companies.  To prevent our
domains getting spoofed, strictly speaking, we should publish SPF TXT for all
of them.  Otherwise, if a subdomain is spoofed, it reflects poorly on the
domain and the domain owner.

Individual domains, or A records that are part of larger domains? In general,
you can set a simple and highly restrictive for the group domain records
pointing to the domain named by your outgoing email. I used to do that for a
company with a /16, which worked just fine.

Read the whitepaper!  http://spf.pobox.com/whitepaper.pdf