suggestions for "compressing" number of SPF result values?

2004-12-28 23:00:27
Hello,

Say I wanted to simplify the user experience of dealing with the results of SPF/SID queries (host_check)... Right now iirc the results of said query can be Pass, Fail, Neutral, None, TempError, PermError and SoftFail. Would it be reasonable to compress these results for presentation to the average user (e.g., grandma-type or those that don't read this list) into Pass, Fail, Unknown or something like that? If so, what kind of suggestions to people have for the minimal amount of buckets that we could drop the severn reults into, and also ideas for the best names for those buckets?

Chris