Should I include major ISPs in SPF for our hosted domains?

2004-12-30 03:48:34
Hello,

I am currently planning to roll out SPF records for the domains we host,
a couple thousand domains in total.

All our users are from Norway, and here we have just a few really large
ISPs. An estimated 300 of our users use these ISP's outgoing mail
servers in their Outlook configuration.

Thus I wonder if I should authorize these ISPs to send email on behalf
of each domain we host? This is for our default domain setup, the users
will be able to customize this for each domain.

I think this will benefit our users and simplify things a lot when rolling out
SPF, but I am concerned that it will result in a flawed deployment, and
maybe it will come back and haunt me in the future? :-)

This is the text i want to add, in addition to the rest of my SPF setup:
"include:online.no include:broadpark.no include:c2i.net include:frisurf.no"

What do you recommend?

Regards,
Øyvind