New to SPF

2004-12-30 10:16:40
I am fairly new to SPF and I want to set my company up to start publishing our SPF records. I am not sure what the best way to do this is. I have many servers world wide that are hiding behind a firewalls. They are not public machines, meaning no public DNS entries, but when I send out emails from these servers, it appears that its coming from the external port on the firewalls. So the header sees the IP correctly, but the server name would be invalid (it shows my internal name, which doesnt resolve out on the Internet). I am using the SPF wizard and want to know if I should skip the hostname area and only add the IP addresses? Since the hostname will never resolve, I am not sure how to proceed.

If you need more info, let me know.

TIA,
Nurv