Re: SPF Setup Peculiarities For Megapathdsl

2005-02-28 11:34:37
Hello!

On Sat, Feb 26, 2005 at 05:00:31PM +0100, Julian Mehnle wrote:
[...]

There is no point in "blindly" looking for any "Received-SPF:" headers in
a received message, not knowing whether the receiving MTA actually added
those.  This might be a sloppiness in SpamAssassin and similar tools (I am
not sure because I don't use SpamAssassin).

Right. But, AFAIK, it's recommended for the checking MTA to add the
Received-SPF before (above) its Received header, so often you can get
the first Received-SPF header and trust it if it's before all Received
headers. This won't work, however, if there're further, internal,
forwarding steps involved at your ISP or similar.

Kind regards,

Hannah.